Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Going Crazy

This was originally posted on 5/25/10 but facebook wanted to be retarded.

So it's been a while since I've had both the time and the desire to write on this thing. I suppose I should apologize to all the people on the Internet for not updating but I find that a bit pretentious. Now that that's out of the way, lets get started.

The meat and potatoes (so to speak) of this post is Shaun T's Insanity workout. This will be our jiu-jitsu warm-up for the next 60 days and hopefully I'll have the desire to update this as we progress. We began with the test that everyone takes at the beginning of the program. You track your progress and test every two weeks to see how you have improved. I'm the first to admit I was not looking forward to doing this but I was excited about the results I would receive, especially with regards to my jiu-jitsu game.

It all begins with an annoyingly chipper Shaun T explaining how basically you're gonna be the next Chuck Norris after the 60 days are up. We then start with a short warm-up that consists of a little in-place jogging, high knees, stretching, and some jumping jacks. Our normal warm-ups used to be pretty tough but even this got me breaking a little sweat. We then dive right into the actual test. The format is do as many as you can for 60 seconds, record the amount, and go to the next after a 60 second break.

It was certainly rough. It was difficult to peel myself off the floor to do the cool down which consisted of stretching. So here are my numbers. They're not great but not horrible either.

Fit test day-1
Weight-178 lbs
Awesomeness- 99

Switch Kicks – 115
Power Jacks – 30
Power Knees – 102
Power Jumps – 20
Globe Jumps – 6
Suicide Jumps – 10
Push-up Jacks – 11
Low Plank Obliques – 11

Tomorrow starts the first workout and I'm a little intimidated. We'll be doing this test every two weeks and hopefully after 6 days a week of this craziness I'll be able to post near hulkish results.

No comments:

Post a Comment