Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day One All Over Again

Due to a few days of vacation over Memorial day weekend I did not have the chance to start my Insanity workout until yesterday. I was really anxious. I was worried about what it would be like but at the same time I was excited that it would really help my game. The format of our normal jiu-jitsu classes was altered a bit. We will begin with no warm-up only individual warm-ups. Read: Do what you need to do to get ready. We immediately go into technique, drill then roll. All this is about an hour long. We begin the Insanity workout promptly at 8.

Though I participated in our in-house "tournament" my head wasn't really in the game. Corey promptly whooped me with a kimura but only after having to bite me and threaten my unborn children first.

The Insanity workout mainly consisted of doing the warm-up three times with each subsequent heat getting faster. There were a few other circuits that included such things as power jacks and push-up jacks. The whole program lasts about 40 min and you are moving every one of those 40 minutes (well, except for the 30 second breaks that come only every 10 minutes). I will also say that even the people in the workout video had to take unscheduled breaks. That made me feel less like a weenie for having to take them too. Overall, it was tough, really tough. Having the other guys, and girls, there really helped motivate everyone.

Tonight marked my second day and we're still on the cardio portion of the workout. Since it changes every day I was unsure about what would be coming my way. All I knew is my calves were shot. Not that I do a lot of working out, but when I did I was never able to get them to hurt like they do now. Unfortunately for me, tonight was more of the same. I pushed through though and even rolled some jiu-jitsu afterward with Sid and a new guy (who I had a deep armbar on but let go because I was lazy and didn't want to break his arm). I felt really good afterward until, that is, I sat in the car for a 30 min ride home. Ashley got a kick out of me walking like I was an 80 year old hooker. Looking forward to my third workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment