Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sitting out.

Since the tournament my arm has been bothering me. I can't sleep well because I keep waking up from the pain. The weird thing is that it doesn't really hurt throughout the day. it only hurts at night and when I roll. With this is mind I decided to sit out of class on monday.

Well to start off, it really sucked sitting out. Not because everyone made fun of me but because I really wanted to roll. Donny taught two armbars.

The first one was a cross collar choke to an armbar. Basically it went like this, while going for the cross collar choke from guard as your opponent pushes away you armbar. Pretty simple.

The second was from a failed siscor sweep. If you attempt to sweep and the person defends by shifting their weight you can use their momentum to swing an armbar. Since I wasn't actually doing it it's hard to explain.

There was a new guy in class today. This guy went 200 MPH. Typical of someone new to jiu-jitsu, trying to prove something. He seemed a little fast for my liking but I'm really looking forward to "Helping" him slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment